Every video is encoded to a particular size that is known as its resolution and is normally measured in pixels. For example, Full HD videos have a resolution of 1080p which means that they are 1920×1080 pixels. Of course different displays also have different resolutions – and sometimes you may want to change the resolution of your video to match your display.
The reason why matching the resolution of a video with your display is useful is because it will optimize the video to a degree. If you were playing a 1080p Full HD video on a display with only 720p resolution (i.e. 1080×720) then it wouldn’t take advantage of the video’s higher resolution. Instead you could switch the video to a 720p resolution and achieve the same result.
Of course most people don’t know the first thing about converting the resolution of videos – and odds are you fall in that boat too. Fortunately with Movavi Video Converter you will just need to perform the following steps:
- Click on the ‘Add Media’ button in the upper left corner and select ‘Add Video’ then choose the video that you want to convert.
- Open the ‘Video’ tab and choose the format you want to use and then either pick one of the predefined resolutions available or click on the ‘cogwheel’ icon to specify a custom resolution.
- Click ‘Convert’ to convert your video to its new resolution.
If you’d like a more detailed description of how to change the resolution of your videos, you could find one at www.movavi.com/support/how-to/video-resolution.html. Also you may want to spend a few minutes and go through the other features in Movavi Video Converter so that you can use them to process your video as well as perform a variety of other tasks.
Frankly speaking Movavi Video Converter is more than just a video converter and can also convert audio and image files too. It is able to cut and join video segments, enhance the quality of videos, create animated GIFs, insert text fields, grab screenshots, and much more.
With the features Movavi Video Converter brings to the table you can do far more than simply convert the resolution of your videos. In fact it is safe to say you should be able to take care of almost any task you need to involving your videos.
Latest posts by Ken (see all)
- Why your business needs kerb appeal - February 18, 2019
- The trading business doesn’t require too much attention - January 15, 2019
- How to plan your career in the investment industry - January 9, 2019